Copiana hands out big bunches of kale year-round at our harvests, and people are always asking me how I like to prepare it. There are so many ways to use kale, from throwing it into the air fryer for a chip-like texture to sauteing it as the perfect side dish. But for me, the simple kale salad will always have my heart. This ready-made pantry dish can be whipped up at a moment’s notice and is sure to change minds about this leafy green.
Recipe credit: www.gimmesomeoven.com
- 1 Bunch of Copiana Kale, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Add the kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Using your fingers, massage the oil into the kale for 1-2 minutes until the kale has softened.
- Add in the lemon juice, parmesan, and almonds. Toss until evenly combined.
- Taste and season with however much salt and black pepper that you’d like!