These marinated pearls are such a big hit that they’ll be gone almost as soon as they’re set out! Soaked in olive oil and a mix of fresh herbs including basil & rosemary, marinated mozzarella pearls are great in tomato salads or as the feature element in a charcuterie spread.
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons of freshly chopped Copiana herbs such as basil, chives, rosemary, oregano, or parsley
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and smashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, herbs, garlic, peppercorns, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pour in enough olive oil to just cover the cheese and gently stir the mixture.
Transfer to an airtight container and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Let the mozzarella come to room temperature before serving.